Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fractured Leg Update

I gave the boot the boot
;)
No shame being in the
kids room at the Dr!
Went back to the Dr last Thursday.

X-rays looked great and I'm no longer in the walking boot! I still can't run but I've been upgraded to the elliptical. My running coach helped me modify workouts to test the leg during cross training. The good news is that the leg is feeling great! I also am able to get in challenging workouts even though I'm not running.

I'll go back to the Dr again in a couple weeks. Still sticking to my food plan and staying focused on my goal: Indiana trail 100!
It will be tough and I may need to reevaluate my race day plan based on the leg and training, but I will still give it my best shot.
 

Cross training any way possible

It feels great to work through a set back and take it as a learning experience. It is only making me want to accomplish what I set out to do even more.

4 weeks post fracture and I'm able to do speed work.... makes me smile.... I'll take it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment