Thursday, June 18, 2015

My first loss

Well.... when I initially finished my 100 miler I thought for sure I was going to lose a toenail. I had a pretty big blister under the big toenail and kicking a tree root in the night didn't help. When I finally took my socks and shoes off it wasn't a pretty sight. But as the days and weeks went on the nail seemed like it was going to survive. Sure it wasn't exactly pretty but it was still there.

But, last night I felt a weird pull as I turned over in the bed. I sat up and said.... My nail fell off. I didn't even need to check, I just knew. And sure enough, the nail was gone.

I kind of expected to lose a nail at some point in my running life and I guess post 100 miler is about a good a time as any. I know... I know... who wants to read a post about a lost toenail, but this is the reality of my running experience. Aren't you glad I didn't put pictures though :) if you want to see my poor little toe, comment below and just maybe....

Run on my friends, even if your nails fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment