Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I Run 4 Lucy.... and now I get to meet her

So for a little over a year, I've ran for the organization I Run 4. This group pairs runners and families with exceptional children to connect, share, and support through the adventures of life and running. This sounded perfect for me. I was paired on April 25th, 2014 with an awesome little girl named Lucy. Lucy has spinal muscular atrophy type 1. This is the most sever type of SMA but that doesn't stop her from being a feisty daddy's girl! Over the year I have dedicated all of my runs and races to Lucy because, if she could, she'd be running around too. Her mom, Barb is a fabulous mom with crafting skills to be envious of! She keeps me updated on Lucy's progress and fun activities and I let Lucy in on all my training runs, races, ups, and downs. Even though we haven't physically met, I like to think we have a special connection. Now on our 1 year "matchiversary" I ran my first 100 miler and I thought of Lucy often to keep me moving forward. I run because she can't.... I run 4 Lucy! When I finished, we earned a belt buckle and I knew I just had to make the trip to meet her and deliver this buckle in person. Well..... the time has come! I will get to attend Lucy's 6th birthday party next weekend!!!! I am beyond excited. I feel so blessed to know this family and I will actually get to meet her in PERSON!

Stay tuned for more updates from my trip to Lucy!!!!!



If you're interested in more information about the I Run 4 organization, check out their website:
http://www.whoirun4.com/

Info on SMA:
http://www.smafoundation.org/about-us/

http://www.lucyshopeforacure.blogspot.com/    (All about Lucy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment