Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sweet (new) Home Chicago

I have felt a need for a change for a while now. Sometimes I neglected the urge for more out of life because I was petrified by the idea of endings and change. I push outside of my comfort zone with running all the time. New goals, new distances, new terrains.... but I struggle with change in my personal and professional life. 

Ping Tom Memorial Park, Chinatown
My husband and I had been contemplating a move to downtown Chicago (he's been commuting for years) and finally I said "what is holding me back? If it's fear of the unknown/change it's just not a good enough reason anymore" 

Needless to say.... we've made the move! We are now living in the South Loop! I'm excited for this new time in our life. To be completely honest it's that butterflies in your belly kind of excitement. I know I'll find my peace exploring the running paths. It will give me time to settle my thoughts from the past and move forward. Plus it will give me time to find fun little spots to visit when I have company (family and friends.... this is your cue) in town.  

I'm not sure what this year will bring, but I am open to the NEW: the different, hard, scary, awesome... new! 
Loving the view on a cloudy day

2 comments:

  1. Running and biking in Chicago is exciting. I'm happy for you. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan! I'm still a little too nervous for biking! I didn't even bring my bike up. Baby steps on that one :)

      Delete