Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pushing the limits

"Do one thing every day that scares you"
     -Eleanor Roosevelt


Reading the book "my year with Eleanor" has brought on a lot of self evaluation lately. Being vulnerable is a fear of mine.... so Eleanor, let's do this :-)

I've realized I'm afraid to push and test my limits. I can't believe I'm saying that out loud.


New city
100 miles
A few years ago I made a goal to get out of my comfort zone in life and experience new things.... things that scared me. I started auditioning for musicals again, I moved to a new city, and pushed to farther running distances. I felt like I was accomplishing my goal. I was pushing outside of my comfort zone, but I was still "playing it safe."
Ready for a musical promo
Don't get me wrong, I love what I have done and it did take effort. Not everything has been easy and I surely had fears along the way.

But what happens when you realize that even though you're outside of the comfort zone, you're still only pushing to be "good enough" instead of great? What if fear of failure is hindering the journey to reaching your full potential?

These are questions I find myself thinking about often. How do you test your limits? How do you push beyond "good enough?"



** Thanks Kendahl for the book recommendation!!

2 comments:

  1. The book sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out! Pushing limits is hard, but that's where growth can come from. Keep pushing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! Thanks for the encouragement

      Delete