Monday, September 22, 2014

Scared and excited.... but saying yes to life!

So I ran a local color run this past weekend. It was a fun run/untimed and for a great cause. I grabbed my sunglasses and camera to enjoy the color filled morning! I found myself watching the other runners and walkers laughing and enjoying the experience. It was great being doused in colors and running with friends. Just a run right????? Not quite, I tend to analyze a lot and that's just fine by me. It's actually really great for my running. So here's what caught my attention:



Children running without a care in the world

Friends decked out in bright clothes connecting while doing something physical

Families joining together to support the community

Runners dedicating miles to loved ones and new friends









I was inspired by the ladies you can see in the picture to the right. My heart was full watching these ladies covered in bright colors saying yes to this run! It made me reflect on my life and how am I making the most of each day. Do I say "yes" enough.... do I let go and just do it?!?






That brings me to my next announcement. I have officially signed up for my first 100 mile attempt. So if you want to follow my journey to 100 please continue to read my blog, join me on a run, or even just send a word of encouragement for my long months of training, I would really appreciate it.




I know I ask this a lot, but can you get more from your life? This world has so much to give, get out there and experience it in your own special way!


Run happy friends :)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment